Total Visitors

Whizz eyes defensive targets

Transfer market scoured for new defenders

Billy Whizz declared today that he is looking to spend the cash given to him by Billy Whizz's Wonderboys chairman immediately, and admits he's come close with several players.


 "The chairman and I had a chat yesterday, and we worked out how much I would have to spend" said Whizz. "I'm pleased that he's been able to back me, and I think it shows we really mean business this year - we're desperate to get as high up the league as we can"


"A defender is obviously the priority, and I've already missed out on a couple. However, all you can do is keep looking at the players on the transfer list - I've shortlisted dozens since yesterday afternoon. Another player we looked at before the end of last season has already had a transfer agreed for the weekend, so it's a pretty frustrating time at the minute"


"We know that one will come eventually though, and we're looking for a player that is experienced, but can stay in the team for a good couple of seasons, if not longer. It's a difficult task, but we hope to bring someone in shortly"




All transfer news will be on the blog before anywhere else, so follow to ensure you hear first about any new signings the Wonderboys make.